The Chevy Tahoe is also available as a hybrid model,
New for 2009
The Chevy Tahoe gets an optional 6.2-liter V-8, a six-speed automatic on certain models and a standard three-passenger third-row seat.
The used Chevy Tahoe's large headlights flank a wide grille split by a thick horizontal member with a large Chevy bowtie logo. Base models have black exterior moldings, while LT models add body-colored moldings and fog lights. The Tahoe LTZ features chrome body-side moldings and new chrome accent rear moldings. An available Z71 offroad package adds unique exterior details including large color-keyed fender flares and a chrome front grille insert. At 202 inches long and 79 inches wide, the Tahoe is shorter than the Expedition and Armada but about the same in width. It is close to the Durango in length, but is wider and taller.
- 17-, 18- and 20-inch wheels, depending on the model
- Power-articulated running boards optional on LTZ
- Three-passenger third-row seat standard
- Optional heated seats in first and second rows
- Optional ultrasonic rear parking assist
- Optional rearview camera system with a display screen in the rearview mirror or navigation screen
- Optional rear-seat DVD entertainment system
A 4.8-liter V-8 is standard on two-wheel-drive Chevy Tahoes. Optional on two-wheel-drive Chevy Tahoes and standard on four-wheel-drive versions is a 5.3-liter V-8 with better fuel efficiency thanks to the cylinder-deactivation feature. A new 6.2-liter V-8 with variable valve timing is available on LTZ models. Both of the larger V-8s have the capability to run on regular gasoline or E85. When properly configured, the Tahoe can tow up to 8,400 pounds.
- 295-horsepower, 4.8-liter V-8 with 305 pounds-feet of torque
- 320-hp, 5.3-liter V-8 with 340 pounds-feet of torque
- 395-hp, 6.2-liter V-8 with 417 pounds-feet of torque
- Four-speed automatic (4.8-liter) or six-speed automatic (5.3- and 6.2-liter)
- New fuel-saving 3.08 axle ratio offered on two-wheel-drive models with 5.3-liter V-8
- Heavy-duty trailering package with 3.42 axle ratio
- Integrated brake controller for electric-controlled trailer brake systems
Four-wheel-disc antilock brakes are standard, as is an electronic stability system that features rollover mitigation technology, which senses impending rollovers and applies individual brakes in an attempt to keep the Tahoe on all four wheels. OnStar 8.0 features Advanced Crash Response System, making crash data available to emergency services.
- Standard side curtain airbags
- Standard electronic stability system
- Front seat belt pretensioners
- Available blind-zone alert